Applications are accepted on a rolling basis
Applying to St. Mark is easy. Simply contact our Admissions and Development Associate, who will take you through enrollment step-by-step.
Here is a general overview:
1.) VISIT OUR SCHOOL
Seeing our classrooms will give you the best idea of what our school offers. To learn more about the school, please visit us. Click here for a map of our location. Your visit will include a school tour, and you can ask any questions you may have – including scholarship information. Contact the school to schedule a private tour.
2.) COMPLETE THE SIMPLE APPLICATION
Once you’ve decided to apply, complete your child’s application packet which you can pick up after your tour or Open House. They are always available in the school’s office and can also be downloaded here:
- Application Checklist
- Application Form
- Tuition Agreement
- Teacher Commentary and Review Form (Grades 1-8 Only)
3.) SUBMIT YOUR STUDENT’S DOCUMENTS
Here are the documents you will need to submit with your application:
- Birth Certificate, Social Security Card and Immunization Record
- Most recent report card
- Standardized test scores if your child has taken the New York State Test or the ITBS Exam
- Copies of the certificates if your child has completed any Catholic sacraments
- If your child has an IEP or IESP, please bring a copy.
- If your child is applying for Grades 1-8, please submit the Teacher Commentary and Review Form (download here). Complete the top portion of the form and then give it to your child’s current teacher to complete and mail or fax back to St. Mark the Evangelist, 55 West 138th Street, New York, NY 10037. Fax: 212-283-5909.
4.) VISIT A CLASS OR TALK TO OUR PRINCIPAL
- Students applying to Pre-K and Kindergarten will be invited to schedule a 30-45 minute classroom visit.
- For students applying to 1st through 8th grades, the principal will carefully review the report card and teacher recommendation letter and may request a follow-up meeting before an admissions decision is made.
5.) RECEIVE YOUR ANSWER IN 48 HOURS
After you have finished all four steps and submitted a completed application along with all required documents, our Admissions and Development Associate will contact you with the admissions department’s decision within 48 hours. Please note that applications will not be reviewed until all required documents are submitted.
Space is limited, so please call or email Karina Coss at (212) 283-4848 ext. 2 and email@example.com today so we can enroll your son or daughter at St. Mark without delay. Thank you.